What is an ATA carnet?
ATA carnet – a customs document for temporary exports and imports
An ATA carnet is an international customs document, which allows you to temporarily import to countries according to Customs Convention. Such items include:
- exhibition material
- items for practicing a trade
- commercial samples
Why ATA carnet?
The ATA carnet system’s purpose is to ease and simplify temporary customs free exporting and importing by:
- replacing exporting documentation in the source country
- replacing customs documents in the temporary importing country
- contains an internationally accepted guarantee, which cover possible customs and import taxes from the goods brought into the country
- functions as a transit document