Doing business in the Helsinki region
When starting a business in Helsinki, there are several organizations that can help you navigate through the legal processes required:
• There are several organizations which can help you with financing and funding.
• The Finnish Patent and Registration Office registers companies, foundations, associations, religious communities and LEI codes. Moreover, it examines and grants patents, as well as registers utility models, trademarks and designs.
• Depending on your field of business, you may need a permit from a supervisory authority, such as Valvira.
• Helsinki Business Hub can help with finding suitable business premises in the Helsinki region – it also provides business services free of charge.
• Taxation is a vital aspect in a Finnish business environment. Regulations differ when it comes to personal taxation versus business or corporate taxation. The Finnish Tax Administration can help you with more information on taxes.
• Customs provides service for businesses when it comes to international trade, such as Finnish policies on importing and exporting.
Other useful links
The best way to start doing business in the Helsinki region is to become a member of the Helsinki Region Chamber of Commerce (HRCC).