Helsinki Talent (Chamber Talent Boost)
Helsinki Region Chamber of Commerce’s Chamber Talent Boost project has ended in June 2021.
The aim of the project was to create an ecosystem that strengthens connections and brings together companies, employers and international talents in the Helsinki region to promote the internationalization of companies and to create wider and stronger networks between universities, cities, international talents and businesses.
During the project, following actions took place:
• The Entry Point Mentoring Program: three rounds of EntryPoint mentoring program brought together 164 participants (82 pairs). The program aimed in strengthening professional networks, intercultural communication and leadership skills of the participants and establish a mutually beneficial interactive mentoring partnership. EntryPoint has moved to City of Espoo’s coordination.
• Matchmaking and networking events: Matchmaking events connected companies looking for talents and international talents looking for new opportunities. Three matchmaking events organized during Chamber Talent Boost were participated by 39 companies and over 600 international talents.
• Talent Boost Index allows companies to map out the capabilities to recruit and manage international teams. The Index provides an insight on the organization’s status and gives tips on how to develop the organization to be more open to an international workforce. The Talent Boost Index has been moved to Business Finland’s ownership.
• Successful Multicultural Company (Menestyvä monikulttuurinen yritys) campaign aimed to highlight successful business cases and bring up companies that have been successful in leading international teams. In addition, the campaign encouraged companies and employers to develop diversity and international business.
• Employer counseling and advisory services are part of the International House Helsinki (IHH) services, and the Helsinki Region Chamber of Commerce continues to provide the service.
The Chamber Talent Boost project was part of a wider Helsinki Metropolitan Area International Talents Accelerating Growth program. In addition to the Chamber of Commerce, the project is implemented by the cities of Helsinki, Espoo and Vantaa, Aalto University, University of Helsinki, Hanken School of Economics, Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences, Laurea University of Applied Sciences, Metropolia University of Applied Sciences, Helsinki Business Hub and Helsinki Marketing Ltd. The project is funded by Talent Boost AIKO and will run until the end of April 2021. The Chamber of Commerce subproject is also supported and financed by TEK and the Uusimaa Regional Council.