What is mentoring?
Mentoring, like all relationships, is a process, not an accomplishment. It is something you do, not something you give or get. Mentoring is based on close cooperation, fostering mutually beneficial partnership between a mentor and mentee. This is exactly what lies at the heart of EntryPoint – a cross-cultural mentoring program, successfully organized by Helsinki Region Chamber of Commerce since 2016.
What is EntryPoint all about?
- Offers a “two-way” opportunity (for both parties) to learn, grow and share experiences over a 5 or 6-month period,
- Brought together already 113 mentors and 113 mentees,
- Run completely in English,
- Has no obligation for mentors to recruit mentees,
- “It will blow your mind off – be prepared!”, “Mentoring is a key word for the future.” (Mentors),
- “One of the best decisions I have made for my professional life!”, “Do not think that it will be a boring official place.” (Mentees).
Who can participate?
EntryPoint mentors are professionals from business to academia fields with 3+ years of relevant experience from the Finnish working life. They are willing to provide guidance and support to international talents living in Finland and help the latter succeed.
Read more: Become mentor »
EntryPoint mentees are talented expats residing specifically in the Helsinki Metropolitan area (i.e., international degree students, recent graduates from higher education institutions, or anyone who has graduated with a higher education degree somewhere else and moved to Finland).
Read more: Become mentee »
How does it work?
Diversity plays a crucial role in defining the EntryPoint activities. Everyone is encouraged to acknowledge and appreciate each other’s cultural differences along with professional and educational background.
Usually one EntryPoint round lasts 5-6 months and includes:
- 5 pair meetings (between a mentor and mentee),
- 4 collective thematic group meetings (orientation, kick-off, midterm, and wrap up),
- optional thematic group meetings (company visits, interactive workshops, etc.).
The program has been built on 3-dimensional model to better answer to mentors’ and mentee’s needs:
- Collective meetings offer our participants a chance to meet all other mentors and mentees within the same program round.
- 1-on-1 meetings focus on building a partnership between a mentor and mentee.
- Multiple company visits and thematic group meetings inspire further development and learning experience for all participants.
Talent Expert, Chamber Talent Boost project
+358 40 675 38 52